With the latest software releases for K2-HD-xx (V3.3) and K2-Summit (V7.0) support is now available for HD file transfers to and from Avid editors running XDCAM HD (K2-HD-xx) and DVCPRO HD (K2-Summit). Transfers require Avid’s Transfer Engine.
- XDCAM HD (new) --> REQUIRES ON THE AVID SIDE A UNITY SHARED STORAGE
- SD MPEG I-Frame
- D10/IMX 30/40/50
- DVCPRO HD (new)
- DVCAM DVCPRO25, DVCPRO50
There are two versions of the Avid Transfer Engine (available from Avid) depending what type of media you want to exchange:
• AVID Transfer Engine with DHM (Data Handler Module) and the Grass Valley K2 Avid Plug-in (K2-AVIDTM-Client or K2-AVIDTM-SAN). This is used for I-frame SD transfer as well as DVCPRO HD transfers.
• AVID FTP Transfer Engine is used to transfer XDCAM HD content – no need for the K2 Avid Plug-in
K2 Avid Plug-in is available now from Grass Valley.
The two Transfer Engine options are provided by Avid.
• The AVID Transfer Engine with DHM is available now for DV25/DV50/DVCPRO HD and for D10/IMX (30/40/50).
• AVID FTP Transfer Engine for XDCAM HD is not yet available from Avid. For availability, contact Avid.
For any question concerning this subject contact Régis André: firstname.lastname@example.org